Thursday 3 July 2008

Gyllenhaal Puts Motherhood First

Actress Maggie Gyllenhaal has put her film career on the back burner after becoming a mum. The Donnie Darko star claims giving birth to daughter Ramona 21 months ago "changed everything" in her life, and she is now only interested in film roles if the script is strong. Gyllenhaal says it took the offer of a part in the new Batman film The Dark Knight to tempt her back to work. She tells People.com, "I do think that it's really difficult to get me away from (Ramona). It's difficult to find a script that's good enough for me to think, 'Okay, I really need to do this instead of being with my daughter.'" Speaking of becoming a mum for the first time, she adds: "I think having a child changes everything and has deepened everything in my life. "I never knew that I could be so tired. I never knew that I could work so hard. I never knew that I could love so much or be so patient or be so excited by the tiniest, tiniest little thing. Everything about it has surprised me." Ramona is Gyllenhaal's child with actor Peter Sarsgaard.


See Also